Frequently asked questions
1. What does Runtun mean?
“Fortress” in quechua, andean originary language.
2. When did Luna Runtun open?
3. Which are the nearest airports?
Mariscal Sucre in Quito, 200km / 3h. and Cotopaxi in Latacunga, 82 km / 2h.
4. Altitude of Baños, Luna Runtun and Tungurahua volcano?
In meters above sea level:
Luna Runtun: 2.200
Tungurahua volcano: 5.016
5. What is the weather in Baños?
Spring like climate all year round.
October to December: 20 - 25°C, sunny, clear days.
January to June: 17 - 20°C, showers occasionally.
July to September: 15 - 20°C, sunny and rainy days.
6. What is the distance between Baños downtown and Luna Runtun?
9km / 13 min. drive
7. How to get from Baños to Luna Runtun or viceversa?
From the bus terminal, go ahead 3km the way to Puyo and turn right, follow the signs.
By car: 9km / 13 minutes.
By taxi: $5, there are 100 in town, all of them know and are safe. At the hotel, ask the reception.
Walking: 1h. by “La Cruz” path.
By bike: 2 – 3h.
8. Any car can get there?
9. Is there parking?
10. Is the hotel handicap friendly?
No. But we have a room specially designed for the comfort of disabled guests. View more: Romantic Room Amigos por la Vida.
11. When is check-in and check-out?
Check-in: 15h. Check-out 12:30. Out of schedule guests can leave the luggage in the reception and enjoy the facilities.
12. How many rooms do you have, capacity?
29 rooms and suites, 73 people.
13. Is there TV in the rooms?
14. Do you have room service?
Yes, specified drinks only.
15. Do you sell cigarettes? Is it allowed to smoke in the property or rooms?
Yes, for sale in Runtun Restaurant and Café del Cielo. Allowed in open areas and rooms terraces. Not allowed in internal public areas and the pools.
16. Is there internet?
Yes, Wi-Fi and 2 computers in the lobby. Free.
17. Do you accept pets?
18. Can I call from the room? Cost?
Yes. Cost per minute:
* Local $0,15
* National $0,45
* Mobile $0,90
* International $1,75
19. Do you have a business center?
No, if you need to print or send a fax, ask the reception.
20. Can I drink water from the tap?
Water is pure and comes from 2 natural springs. Nevertheless, we suggest drinking the bottled water at your disposal in all rooms and suites.
21. Do you have laundry service?
Yes. In the closet you will find the form and bag. For the service ask the reception. We do not have dry-laundry.
22. Is there a doctor?
Yes. Ask the reception. 24/7.
23. Is the hotel open for visitors?
Yes, all our services are open to the public.
24. How can I pay?
Cash or credit cards: Visa, Mastercard y American Express.
25. Are there options for vegetarians?
26. Does the Tungurahua volcano activity affect your operation?
No. The Tungurahua volcano, constantly active since october 1999, showers the sky with her spectacular show of fire and lava, allowing our visitors to partake in one of the world´s most impressive natural fireworks displays from the safety of Baños.
The radio of the Tungurahua volcano has 60 km aprox. and the crater, 3 times bigger, is located toward the northwest (affected area in august,16 2006)
Baños and Luna Runtun are located on the east side, on the safe area, and have not been affected during the 16 eruptions the last 400 years.
The basilica of "La Virgen de Agua Santa" was built with volcanic stones in 1944, also the city hall of Baños.
27. If I need to cancel my booking will I pay a cancellation fee?
- 61 days before: no charge.
- 60 - 31 days before: 50% charge.
- 30 days before or no show: 100% charge.
- If you want to modify dates, no charge.
28. Which are your children policies?
Children: under 6 years old.
Adults: 6 years old and older.
Children sleep in existing beds. There is no capacity for extra beds or crips in the room or suite.
For safety reasons, children under 6 years old do not have access to the pools and jacuzzi area.
29. Do the pools have thermal water?
No, water comes from 2 crystal clear volcanic water springs and is heated in the hotel.
30. Why do guests must wear a swimming cap to enter the pools?
For hygiene and maintenance. The hair may damage the pools' filters.