Transport in Baños
Nowhere is more than a 15 minute walk and usually even less. It is flat in the city centre.
There are 100 taxis in Baños, all safe. The rate inside Baños is $1 to anywhere. Taxis also make round-trips to Pailón del Diablo waterfall for $20.
Public transportation (buses):
Stop 1: Rocafuerte st., behind the Central Market (Mercado Central). Buses with the sign "El Salado" go to the thermal baths El Salado (Piscinas Termales El Salado) ($0,25 / 10 minutes).
Stop 2: Alfaro and Martínez, behind the Supermarket Mega 99 (Supermercado Mega 99). Buses with the sign "Agoyán" go to the damn Agoyán (Represa Agoyán). ($0,25 / 10 minutes).
Getting there and away
Updated August 10th / 2016
From and to Baños bus terminal (Amazonas st.) depart and arrive all buses from different cities of Ecuador. The terminal is very close to most hotels in the center of Baños.
Buses departure hours from Baños bus station to: Quito, Ambato, Riobamba, Latacunga, Puyo, Tena, Coca, Guayaquil, Salinas, Cuenca and Macas.
- Buses to Quito depart every 30 minutes from 4am to 6:40pm ($4,25 / 3h. 15 min.)
- Buses to Ambato depart every 15 minutes from 4:30am to 7:50 pm ($1,15 / 45 min.)
- Buses to Riobamba depart: 6am, 7:15am, 8:55am, 9:45am, 11am,11:50am, 1pm, 2:45pm, 3:35pm, 5pm, 5:15pm, 6pm, 6:35pm and 9pm in "Transportes Riobamba" and 8:05 am, 10:10am, 12:40pm, 4:25pm in "Transportes Express Baños" ($2 / 1h. 30 min.)
- Buses to Latacunga depart every 30 minutes from 4am to 6:40pm ($2,25 / 2h.)
- Buses to Puyo depart: 9am, 3:30pm, 4pm, 7pm and 8:30pm in "Transportes Amazonas"; 5:30am; 6:40am; 9:30am, 10:40am, 11:30am, 1:40pm, 4:30pm, 7:45pm in "Transportes Riobamba"; and 7:45am, 8:15am, 8:45am, 12:10pm, 12:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:10pm, 3:45pm, 5:45pm, 7pm and 9pm in "Transportes Sangay" ($2,50 / 1h. 30min.)
- Buses to Tena depart: 1:30pm and 8:30pm in "Transportes Amazonas"; 6am, 8:30am, 11:30am and 2:30pm in "Transportes Baños"; and 3:30am, 5:30am, 7:40am, 10:40am, 4:30pm, 6:40pm and 7:30pm in "Transportes Express Baños" ($6 / 3h. 30min.)
- Buses to Coca depart: 9:30pm, 10:40pm and 11pm in "Transportes Baños" ($15 / 7h.)
- Buses to Guayaquil depart: 1am in "Transportes Baños"; and 6am and 1:10pm in "Transportes Riobamba" ($10,70 / 7h.)
- Buses to Salinas (Coast) depart: 5:30pm and 7:15pm, and 10pm in "Transportes Baños" ($14 / 9h.)
- Buses a Cuenca depart 7:15am, 11am and 5pm in "Transportes Riobamba". Change bus in Riobamba. ($12 / 8h.)
- Buses to Macas depart 3:45pm and 11:45pm in "Transportes Sangay" ($7,50 / 4h.)
- Buses to Ibarra depart: 4am and 2:40pm in "Transportes Express Baños" ($7,50 / 7h.)
Buses departure hours from Quito, Ambato and Guayaquil bus stations to Baños.
Getting to Baños:
- Buses from Quito depart every 20 minutes from 6:20am - 8:30pm in "Transportes Amazonas" and every 30 minutes from 4am until 6:50pm in "Transportes Baños" ($4,45 / 3h. 15 min.)
- Buses from Ambato depart every 30 minutes. ($1,15 / 45min.)
- Buses from Guayaquil depart at 11pm and 11:55 pm in "Transportes Baños" and 6am, 12:40pm and 8pm in "Touris San Francisco Oriental" ($11 / 6h.)
- Buses from other cities or out of hours: it is faster to take a bus to Ambato and make the connection to Baños. Ask the driver to stop at the gas station in "Mercado Mayorista", the bus stop is 200m from the gas station. There you can wait for your bus to Baños. ($1,15 / 1h.)
Semi-private transportation AUTOS - VIP (4 passengers per car)
Quito - Baños - Quito
$ 25 p.p. per trip.
02 600 2582
099 629 5407
Daily, check times directly.
02 382 4761 Quito
03 274 0242 Baños
03 252 2701 Ambato
03 288 6696 Puyo
06 288 7213 Tena
03 274 0382 Baños
04 213 0265 Guayaquil
02 382 4743 Quito
06 370 0260 Coca
04 278 2521 Salinas
06 288 6285 Tena
03 260 3987 Riobamba
San Francisco Touris Oriental
04 213 0137 Guayaquil